Monday, February 6, 2012

Interview With a Digital Parent

While I was working at Best Buy this weekend, I decided to take it upon myself to start my interview questions with some a reasonable customer. It was slow, largely do to the Super Bowl, so it did not interfere. At first I was helping her pick out a new computer for her that fit her needs for work. I asked if it was only going to be a work related or any personnel use. She went on to tell me that she would also being using her new computer to communicate with her to kids who were in the military. This was the perfect opportunity to ask her my questions.

How has technology affected your life? "Technology has opened doors for me that I could never open before in my life!"

Has it changed your family in anyway? "If anything, it has made us closer. It gives me the ability to keep in touch with both of my kids across seas."

Do you believe technology is heading in a good direction? " I believe so. But I do believe we need to be more careful with the way present technology to our future generations. We must not get lazy with the technology that we develop."

What do you think of video games now for children? "Well, some are okay. I do believe some can be a little violent, but that's where the responsibility of the parent comes in."

No comments:

Post a Comment